Thursday, January 5, 2012

Moments of woship...

Today has been an amazing day in the Lord. I want to just start out praising the Lord for even little answers to prayer. A couple of prayers were answered in the last 24 hours that gave me just a bit of hope that I needed. I want to praise God for his presence any where we are. I have had moments of worship even at work today. I broke down into tears and just praised the Lord for what he had done in my life. One of the songs that again the Lord directed me to was one by Steve Curtis Chapman called "When Love takes you in" here are the lyrics. I just cried, prayed, and praised through this song twice.

I know you’ve heard the stories
But they all sound too good to be true
You’ve heard about a place called home
But there doesn’t seem to be one for you
So one more night you cry yourself to sleep
And drift off to a distant dream


Where love takes you in and everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heart
When love takes you home and says you belong here
The loneliness ends and a new life begins
When love takes you in


And somewhere while you’re sleeping
Someone else is dreaming too
Counting down the days until
They hold you close and say I love you
And like the rain that falls into the sea
In a moment what has been is lost in what will be


When love takes you in everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heart


And this love will never let you go
There is nothing that could ever
cause this love to lose its hold


When love takes you in everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heart
When love takes you home and says you belong here
The loneliness ends and a new life begins
When love takes you in it takes you in for good
When love takes you


Once I let the love of God into my life, everything did change. I saw things much clearer, I felt a happiness that I have not felt in years. I have felt a longing for Gods word, his touch, and his will for my life like never before. God is restoring me to better than what I ever was. I believe that God will restore my marriage. The part in bold I am claiming as a promise. This was one of the moments I worshiped today at work. God was present at my desk. I am coming across these moments more often and I hope the continue to come. On top of that my devotions were about restoration, friends and family sent me scriptures about restoration. Folks God is doing a work in me and in the things around me.

I know there are going still be ups and downs through this process. But today, I got a "thus saith the Lord" moment that I needed. I am thankful for that. I am thankful that Gods love took me in and changed me.

Now I was reading my devotions this morning and the fireproof book is always the last thing I read. I wish I could be going through this book with my wife. But again there were questions and I will now answer them honestly.

How did your spouse feel about the way you spoke and acted around them? She hated it. She didn't feel respected or loved or valued. I was too busy loving myself, things, and other the way other people made me feel. I should have been loving her the whole time.

How did your behavior affect your mates sense of worth and self esteem? It affected it very negatively. My wife repeatedly said she felt like she was always competing with something or someone. This is so true, because she was. I always denied it, but she was competing with the sin that had a grip on my life.

Would your wife say you're a blessing of that you're condescending and embarrassing? My wife would definitely say I was condescending. If it wasn't my idea or what I was thinking then I would make her feel like her opinion wasn't right or valued by me. Again I was always thinking of myself, my needs and what made me happy.

I know I was wrong. I hope some day to address those same questions on this blog with my wife actually answering them completely different. I want to show her how the love of God has restored me and made me whole. I want to show her how the love of God has cleaned out the old and brought in the new. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here!

OK so onto how to pray. Please be praying that the Lord would restore my marriage to something amazing and in the center of his will. Also please pray for my wife in way that God would move her to reach out to me. We are reaching a week where I need some answers to prayer about something I am facing next week. This is a critical step in the process.

Father thank you for being so near to me today. Thank you Lord for restoration for my life. Thank you Lord for what you will do in your time. Thank you Lord filling this day with moments of worship.