Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Protection from the enemy...

This was in my scripture readings today...

Psalm 9
For the director of music. To the tune of “The Death of the Son.” A psalm of David.
1 I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.

3 My enemies turn back;
they stumble and perish before you.
4 For you have upheld my right and my cause,
sitting enthroned as the righteous judge.
5 You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked;
you have blotted out their name for ever and ever.
6 Endless ruin has overtaken my enemies,
you have uprooted their cities;
even the memory of them has perished.

7 The LORD reigns forever;
he has established his throne for judgment.
8 He rules the world in righteousness
and judges the peoples with equity.
9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.
10 Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

11 Sing the praises of the LORD, enthroned in Zion;
proclaim among the nations what he has done.
12 For he who avenges blood remembers;
he does not ignore the cries of the afflicted.

13 LORD, see how my enemies persecute me!
Have mercy and lift me up from the gates of death,
14 that I may declare your praises
in the gates of Daughter Zion,
and there rejoice in your salvation.

15 The nations have fallen into the pit they have dug;
their feet are caught in the net they have hidden.
16 The LORD is known by his acts of justice;
the wicked are ensnared by the work of their hands.[c]
17 The wicked go down to the realm of the dead,
all the nations that forget God.
18 But God will never forget the needy;
the hope of the afflicted will never perish.

19 Arise, LORD, do not let mortals triumph;
let the nations be judged in your presence.
20 Strike them with terror, LORD;
let the nations know they are only mortal.


Seems appropriate for the things my wife and I are facing today. Satan is trying his best to disrupt the work God has done in our lives and marriage. Before this kind of drama we are dealing with would have divided my wife and I. But now because of God we face it together.  We have been attacked from all sides. We have been criticized, disagreed with, and judged. This is to be expected and I was fully aware of those who would doubt. But I caution, never doubt the work of the Lord. With God as our shield we will NOT be distracted from his will for our lives. My advice to those who want to judge is biblical. John 8:7 NIV They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, "All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!"

For those of you who are reading this, or those of you who might stumble onto this blog later and find yourself coming out of a situation similar to ours, just know that God is control. God the father is the only one we will answer to when the time comes. My wife and I refuse to recognize those who feel the need to criticize, doubt, or whatever. I know what God did for me. We know what God did for our marriage. We know what God can and will do for any other thing that rolls down the hill at us. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. We will continue to give thanks for everything good or bad because we know at the end of the day, we can depend on God to see us through.

I write this blog today because this is what God would have me to say. God has put friends and family in our path for a reason. That reason is to lift us up in prayer, to support us, and to be there for us when needed. Already, God has revealed to us who are true friends our and they have been in the right place at the right time and have come to our rescue as recently as yesterday. Our family has been amazing with prayerful support. Our family has been there for us every step of the way and we believe they will continue to do so. We believe the same of our friends as well. Pray wins battles, support helps us through, God's love conquers all.

Today's blog might seem kind of like we are on the defense, but that is where we are at today. I promise that this blog is honest, it is true, and I will never give you anything less. I have mentioned before that I knew there were going to be ups and downs in this journey. God is good and knows the plans he has for us, plans not to harm us, but plans to prosper us. I shared with my wife today that I truly believe that the Lord has something amazing in store for us. If we stay faithful and honor him, he will bless us far beyond anything we could have ever hoped for. So if anyone out there thinks for one second that what is going on, will deter us from running and finishing the race, they are sadly mistaken. God promised me that our marriage story is not over, and that promise he will come through on. OK so now I will step down off of my soap box...

OK so here is what to pray for. Today it seems satan is trying his hardest to get in the way. Pray that God would distract and destroy the enemy. Pray for strength for my wife and I. Pray for our kids that they would continue to accept the changing positive dynamic in the house.

Father again I want to thank you for YOUR cleft in the rock, for protecting us during rough times. Help us to keep our eyes on you and your will for our lives. Help us to know that you are in control of each and everything that happens. Father we love and trust you. Amen.