Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Take some time...

Sometimes we just need to stop and breath. Have you ever got in such a rush where all of your worries just tend to build up? You start to feel the anxieties turn into stress? Then you get so worked up it spills into your day and the people around you? Then all of the sudden the thought enters your mind of "I can't do this anymore!!!" Well you may not be able to do it anymore, but God can. God can pick up right where you left off. In fact, God was doing it the whole time. I am so thankful that God never fails. I am thankful that God never gave up on me or my marriage. Before Jesus died on the cross, he never said "I can't do it anymore!!!" Jesus stayed in his heavenly fathers will and died for our sins to give us eternal life.

I want to take today and praise the Lord for all he has done in three short weeks. I praise the Lord for changing my life and starting the process of restoration of everything about my life. For weeks now I have been telling you what to pray for. So I would like to give you some updates.

On praying for me. I had my review today at work. One of the things that was said about me was that my people skills have come a long way. Recently my boss has received a lot of good comments. People have noticed a change in me. I thank God for that and I thank you all for praying for me. I pray that I can be an example of Christ to all those around me including my wife and kids.

On praying for my marriage. I never knew it could feel so good to come home to the love of my life. I never knew how amazing that would feel. I gotta tell you it feels pretty amazing. I love how the Lord is working individually on us and working in our marriage as well. We have asked you to pray for strength and growth. Well God answered prayer and continues to do so. We love each other more than we ever have.

On praying for the enemy. The enemy continues to be distracted and destroyed. God is protecting us with his loving arms all because you have been praying with us for this. What a difference your prayerful support has been in our lives.

On praying for our kids. We are starting to see the benefit of you praying for our kids, and feeling your prayers for them as well. I have seen more smiles on our kids faces than I have in three years. I love being around our kids and so does my wife. Our family is coming together quite nicely all because God is the center of this household.

On praying for that change that we have been asking you to pray for. God is leading us down a road where we can get emotionally and spiritually healthy. We are almost at the point to where we feel like we can make a decision on this so important change in our lives.

On praying for our friends. Friends you have been so supportive and your encouraging words, phone calls, and support have been amazing. Never in our lives have we felt so loved by all of you. We cannot thank you enough. God has answered prayer in putting you all in our lives. Please keep the emails and FB comments coming!! We love you guys!!

Folks, most of this blog entry has been about prayer. I would encourage you to follow the Lords pray as your guide on how to pray. The Bible gives us many applications on how to pray. But the Lord's prayer I think is one of the most affective. Praying for your spouse as I have prayed for my wife is huge. There is something to be said about praying spouses. Praying for your kids makes all the difference in the world. I have seen God working in them. Praying for peace in your house and filling it with Christ makes an amazing difference.

Satan has tried and will keep trying to kill, steal, and destroy. But we will when the battle on our knees. Thank you for praying for us and all our requests. Please continue praying for us!