Monday, February 6, 2012

And the award goes to....

We have all seen it. The awards shows on TV... tis the season you know.. where we tell all the actors/actresses how wonderful they are for their ability for putting on a fake life or situation in a TV/movie. What if we gave them an award for their personal lives? Now that would be interesting TV.

What if we could do the same thing for all those married couples out there who act day in and day out in front of their kids, family, friends, church, co-workers... Hmmm... Makes me think... In the last three years I would have won every award possible. I look back over the last three years and I don't think I had one fan in my corner. Not one person who wanted to or was supporting the life I was living. I was putting on a good show and the only person who cared to keep that show going was me. Heck... sometimes I didn't even want to keep the show going. But because of sin and my pride of not wanting to fail at my own will, I kept it going... I failed anyway.

I was reading in Judges today for my Bible scripture. Judges 1 - 6. I am just amazed about how God raised leaders to rescue his people when they strayed, cried out for help, and the chosen leader of that time rescued them. That peace would last for a certain amount of time. Then the people of Israel would go back to their sinful ways, God would have them taken over by some evil King, they would cry out and God in all of his compassion would have mercy on them and bring yet another leader and save them. You could almost call it a roller coaster of sorts. Does this sound like your marriage? Does this sound like your spiritual life. We get on cruise control, focus less on God, and focus on other stuff. Things start going bad, we think we can handle it on our own. We find out we can't. What happens? We cry out to God for mercy!! God every time rescues us or our marriage from whatever is trying or has brought us down. Same thing happened to Gods people in the Old Testament book of Judges. The Israelites took their eyes of God and things went horribly wrong. They gave praise and modeled their life after baal. A no for good nothing idol. A fake god.

So... yes... I won every award out there for putting on a show. I had a whole closet FULL of them. I gave that closet to God. The one I probably won three years in row? Best fake husband ever!! I don't ever want to put on a fake show in my life, in my marriage, or any where else for that matter. I am done with the spiritual roller coaster of marriage. A successful marriage between two people is finding a God given leader in each other. As a leader in our marriage it our job to save each other when we see our spouse faltering or we see them getting discourage, or when they cry out for help. It is our responsibility to each other as spouses. We are accountable not only to our God given leader of a spouse, but to God too. We need to be open with our spouses and let them know when we are struggling, or hurting. That is one of the reasons why God gave us our spouse. Not only is the father/husband the spiritual leader in the home or family. BUT so is the wife/mother. Our wives are as much the leader as we men are. I am my wife's number one fan. She gets every award in my book. She loved me through the very darkest of times in my life and marriage. She is my spiritual leader who I look to and pray with. I am so thankful for that today.

OK so what to pray for. Court day is coming soon. Please pray that God's will would be done and our prayers are answered. Pray for our kids. We think we have made a decision to a life change that we needed to make. As it turns out, it is not going to be a change. Pray for God's will in our life that he would reveal that to us in his time.

Father thank you for all you do. Thank you Father for blessing us this past Sunday. Thank you for my wife's love for me. Thank you Father for your holy spirit which fills our house, our lives, and our marriage. Thank you for yet another day to see what you have in store for us.