Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Do you really believe...?

I remember as a kid trying to decide what toy I wanted to buy. I had to go through the whole list of pros and con's and try to decide which one would give me the most joy. I had to decide which toy was going to hold my interest the longest using my imagination while playing with it. As a kid I had a wild imagination so you can imagine that place I would put myself in each time it came to choosing a new toy. Getting a new toy didn't happen every week or month for that matter, so I had to be very selective in what I decided what was best for me.

As a little kid you don't think about taking these decisions to God in prayer. I mean.. it is JUST a toy right? As we get older we find that these toy decisions turn into adult life changing decisions that can alter our path for life. I am sure by now you are wondering what I am talking about. When we put God in the mix center there are a lot of ingredients to making a prayerful decision. The ingredients are... Asking - we need to ask God with a grateful heart. Belief... we need to believe that God is going to answer our prayer. Trust... a hard one for me. Putting all of our trust that God knows what is best when he does answer our prayer. Trusting and knowing that with prayer anything can be accomplished.

Matthew 21:21-22
21 Then Jesus told them, “I tell you the truth, if you have faith and don’t doubt, you can do things like this and much more. You can even say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. 22 You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it.”

Revelation 3:8
8 “I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me.

So amongst the many challenges in our marriage in the past two years. This would be the first major decision that will affect our family. We have prayed and come to a decision. My wife is in a miserable situation in her job. For 45 blogs now I have asked that you pray that my wife and I would discover the Lord's will. Well in the next couple of weeks we will be taking the first few steps of faith and doing what we think God is asking us to do. We claim and believe Matthew 21:21-22 and Rev 3:8. We believe that the Lord will open doors that no man can open and will keep them open. The steps we are taking... we feel like it is for the best interest of my wife, our marriage and our family. These are things that we feel God wants. This step is huge and I think of it as the equivalent of keeping our eyes on God so we can walk on the water. We have asked, and now we will put our belief and trust in God. We don't know in how God is going to answer, but he has given direction so we will follow.

As spouses we need to be united in everything we do. This means that the tough decisions bring us closer together and not divide us. This means that small, medium, and large things need to have God included in all of them. This is the type of marriage God honors and blesses. I encourage you all to make sure God is in all of your decisions. I have told my wife that we will trust God. We have given everything to God, things, emptied out closets, our faith hope and trust. Now we will watch God work.

OK so what to pray for. Pray for us in the next couple of weeks. Changes are coming and we are no sure how God will provide, but we know he will. Pray that through this our marriage would strengthen and peace be felt all around. Pray for my wife as she starts this process in motion that God would give her courage. Today please pray for my daughter.

Father thank you for your will for our lives. Thank you Father for providing when we have run out. Thank you Father for your grace and mercy that you provide. Thank you Father for helping us to be obedient to you.