Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The last day...

No this is not the last blog entry that I am going to write, so please don't take that away from the title of this blog. But I do have some questions I want to answer and some things I want to say.

Yesterday was the last day of the book I have been reading as part of my daily ritual. The Love Dare from the movie Fireproof. I would heavily recommend that every married couple see the movie if they haven't or see it again and go through the book together. This has been a life changing, marriage changing, and family changing experience for me. I love my wife with all of my heart and I will do anything she asks of me for the rest of our lives. I am so thankful that I was at the bottom with only one way to look. That one way to look was up. Ironically I was reading my devotions this morning and it talked about how God sometimes puts us in the shadow of his hand. When we are in that shadow, we need to be quiet and listen. At the beginning of this journey I may not have been so good at that, but as time went on, I learned to listen and to follow. Today I can say that I am so thankful for God's mercy, grace, and love he has for me. God has given life to a man who was dead inside, to a marriage that was one signature away from ending. To a family that was on the brink of not being a family anymore. God has worked a miracle in me, my marriage, and my family. God continues to answer prayer every day. I have talked on this blog so much about keeping God at the center of everything we do. God needs to be the center of our lives and every area of our lives. What a difference that makes and what a joy it brings to life.

As I said yesterday I finished The Love Dare. At the end of each day there is a question asked. Well at the end of yesterdays reading there were a few questions I wanted to answer. But do to my promise to explain spiritual bread, I thought I would wait until today VALENTINES day to answer these questions. So here it goes:

1. What has God revealed to you during the Love Dare? God has revealed so much to me. As you can see in this blog, the last 40 days has been quite the journey. God has revealed to me how much I love my wife. God has revealed all the areas where I needed to rebuild my relationship not only with him, but with my wife as well. God has showed me the areas of which I need to improve, recreate, and act on. God has showed me how much my wife truly does love me and how much she means to me.

2. How have your views of your marriage changed? My "view" has changed immensely. It is a choice to love someone. When you commit to that choice to love a person and you make a covenant to God to always do so, you better know everything that it entails. I made a choice to love my wife. After being at the bottom and finding God, my love for my wife changed from conditional to unconditional. I recommitted myself to our marriage and my relationship with God. My life hasn't been the same since in so many amazing ways. Marriage is a lifetime commitment. Once a covenant is made, it should never be broken.

3. How committed are you to God and to your spouse? I am committed to serving God and being marriage to my wife for the rest of my life. God's word is God's word and I will live by it. It is God's law that we should keep in our hearts at all times. God hates divorce and so do I. Divorce is a poison and quick escape for so many broken families. It is not a fix all, most times it makes everything worse. I encourage you to look at statistics of what happens to most kids coming from a broken home. I for one didn't want my kids to struggle with being loved or knowing what love in a marriage was about. It is my job and my wife's job to show them a good, strong, loving, Christ centered marriage. That is the example they need to see and that is the example that they WILL see. There is nothing that will ever come between us again. You hear that satan? God's holy spirit and his angels surround our home, and our family. We are covered by the blood of Jesus. You cannot touch us!!

4. Who can you share this with as a testimony? My wife and I will share this with anyone who wants to listen. We will share this story with anyone who God sends our way. We will take our story and do God's will with it. This is a story of God's loving redeeming Grace.

I really felt like I needed to answer those questions. There are still those skeptics out there who don't believe God changed me. But more importantly, I hope that God uses this story for others. It is my hope that God can use us to witness to other struggling couples out there who are facing the same thing or something similar. Some of you have been in our home recently and have seen and felt the change in our home. I hope others get to feel this and see this as well.

And to my wife... Honey, I love you with all that I am. I promise as long as I am breathing I will love you, honor you, take care of you, and support you in all that you do. I promise as the storms, mountains, and bumps come our way, I will be by your side holding your hand, and loving you through those times. I promise on the days when you don't feel so well, to make you feel better. I promise when you are weak, I will be strong for both of us. I promise that when you need to be carried, I will lovingly pick you up and take you where you need to go. I promise that when you need to be held, I will wrap my arms around you and tell you how much I love you and how proud I am to be your husband. I promise to be the best parent partnering with you in raising our three amazing kids. I promise that when they go out on their own whether flying out of the nest or being pushed out, that the nest will never be empty. We will have each other, our love, and our willingness to serve God. I promise to love you more each day that God gives to live on this earth. If it is me that enters heaven first, I will wait for you in our mansion to see you again. If it is you who goes home first, I will keep you in my heart and look forward to the day we are united before God in heaven.

Honey, you are an amazing wife, my best friend forever, my soul mate, my comedy partner, my snuggle bunny, my partner in life. You are an amazing mother to our children, an amazing friend to me. You make us all feel so loved and you motivate me to be a better man, a better spiritual leader, and a better husband. You are beautiful beyond words inside and out. I love you so much and I cannot imagine my life without you by my side. I look forward to where this journey continues to take us. It will be worth it all because I will have you by my side.

Simply put I love you. So here is my question to you my wife. Will you marry me again? If so, will you allow our family and friends to be a witness to our commitment for each other? If your answer is yes, then please let's do it. I love you!!