Thursday, February 23, 2012

Note: I know I said the questions answered by my wife are going to be posted. They will be very soon. There will be a couple of blogs where she will either write or answer questions. I also want to give you a feel for what my kids thought and went through. I will be asking them some very simple questions. Just want to give this blog a different angle every now and then. So keep your eyes open for them. Yesterday was the first one.

I have seen several stories where a person has been trapped under a car or some type of heavy object and one or many have come together with unheard of might to lift it off of the person. What is really extraordinary is when it is one person. It is that one moment where the person has inhuman like strength to lift the object off of the person. Always interesting to me and how that happens.

Judges 14:6
6 The Spirit of the LORD came powerfully upon him so that he tore the lion apart with his bare hands as he might have torn a young goat. But he told neither his father nor his mother what he had done..

At one point or another we all find ourselves in extraordinary circumstances. Whether it is lifting a heavy object off of a person to save their lives or something a little less extreme. I for one think it would be sweet to have strength like that at a moments notice. Anyways... I can think of moments in life where I have had to draw strength from places I never knew I had. For one when my mom died. Decisions had to be made with my family. One of the very toughest things I have ever had to go through. Recently in the last two months I found strength for some things that I was enduring when it came to trying to get this marriage and family back together. Being honest with myself, with my wife, with my family and with my friends took incredible strength.

When Samson called on the Lord, he got immediate strength. The man tore a lion in half. That is extraordinary. The simple thing Samson did? He called on the name of the Lord. The Lord gave him the physical strength. We always don't need physical strength do we? Sometimes we need strength from God to endure those extraordinary things in life. All we have to do is call on the name of the Lord and believe that he will give us the strength. Like I said before I can think of numerous times where I have called on the Lord to give me strength. But I can also think of numerous times where I didn't call on the Lord and I paid dearly.

How many times are we going to let things happen to us without calling on God? How many situations are we going to find ourselves in where we think "how will I ever get through this?" I learned my lesson. I no longer try to do these things myself. I call on the name of the Lord. I believe that he will be with me and give me strength to face the storms.

Isaiah 43:1-2
1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.


It is pretty simple... So many times I should have called on the name of the Lord and I didn't. I thought I could do it myself and I failed. I thought my way was best and I should have just trusted God that he would give me the strength to get through. Don't make this mistake friends. Take it from someone who almost lost everything. We can't do get through life without calling on the Lord.

I leave you with this song. Call upon the name of the Lord one of my favorties!!

Call Upon the Name of the Lord

Call upon the name of the Lord,
Have faith in his name.
Jesus is the name we adore;
Let’s all just call,
Call upon the name of the Lord.

Call upon the name of the Lord,
Have faith in his name.
Jesus is the name we adore;
Let’s all just call,
Call upon the name of the Lord.

Jesus, Jesus,
Give him praise, call his name.
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.

Call upon the name of the Lord,
Have faith in his name.
Jesus is the name we adore;
Let’s all just call,
Call upon the name of the Lord.

Jesus, Jesus,
Give him praise, call his name.
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.

Call upon the name of the Lord,
Have faith in his name.
Call upon the name of the Lord,
Have faith in his name.
Jesus is the name we adore;
Let’s all just call,
Call upon the name of the Lord.

Call upon the name of the Lord.
Call upon the name of the Lord.