Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Psalms 18:1-3
1 I love you, LORD, my strength.

2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield
and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

3 I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I have been saved from my enemies
.
Psalms 19:14
14 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,  LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Have you ever noticed that David always started out praising or thanking or complimenting the Lord in one way or the other in his Psalms? When David wrote Psalms 19 we don't know what he was going through or if he was really going through anything. Notice also that David calls the Lord his Rock all through the Psalms. Take a look at Psalms 18:2 "...My God is my rock..." The Lord was Davids rock. David depended on the Lord all through his life and in my opinion is one of the most noted and closest relationships that a person had with God through out the Bible. I love how David ended Psalm 19 in verse 14 David wants to please the Lord with everything he does and again he refers to the Lord as his Rock.

Furthermore if you look at Psalms 19:7-13 it gives clear instruction of keeping the Lords word as law in our hearts and to keep it as precious as gold and sweet as honey to us. I like this Psalm and especially verse 14 because if we do this in our every day lives, not only will it affect how we treat others around us, but great will be our reward in heaven. We should always be kind when we are talking to God, when we are talking others, and with our actions. They should always be pleasing to the eyes of God. But in our marriages as well. If we are living a life without sin, then it will also affect how we are treating our spouses and our kids. I speak from experience on this one. I yet again refer to my first blog entry. I was not free from sin and nothing I did was pleasing to God or anyone else for that matter and it showed. Bottom line we should be living a life pleasing to God. In doing so, every aspect of our lives becomes pleasing to God and others. I think this is most important and should be the cornerstone of our marriages. I am finding the deeper I dive into God's word, the deeper I find myself in him. Also the more the Lord is my rock and refuge in times of trouble. It has made a difference in the kind of husband and father I am. It also has made me a better person all around and makes me treat others as I would want to be treated, but also how God would want me to treat them. I admit I am not perfect in any of what I described above. It is a challenge I take daily.

In praising the Lord, having him as our rock and hiding in him when tough times come, it will draw us closer to him. This also teaches us to learn to depend on God not only for the big things, but for the small things as well. This is something important that I had to learn especially in the context of my marriage.

OK so what to pray for. Pray for my wife and I. We are diligently seeking Gods will for us. We truly feel an answer is coming. Pray for our kids. Pray for March 14th the next court date that Gods will would be done.

Father thank you for being my rock who I have learned to depend on. Thank you Father for never exposing me to the rough storms that come my way when I hide in the cleft of the rock. Father help me to always do what is pleasing in your eyes.