Wednesday, February 8, 2012

That was interesting...

I have always said that I will never know the reason why some things happen. I even think that when we get to heaven some day,  we won't care why some things happened. Some times God has things happening in the background that we are not even aware of. Amy Grant once sang a song "Angels watching over me" the song goes on to say every move I make angels are watching over me. I believe even in the worse times God presence is always around. It could be his Holy Spirit, it could be an angel, it could be any way shape or form that God always has his hand on us.

Ok so you all knew that today was our court date. Well... nothing happened. My wife and I showed up, everyone got called up and I was the last one to go. Interestingly enough, the case was continued until next month. But... what strikes me is that the first time we had court a month ago, my wife and I were not yet back together. We didn't sit together, we didn't talk. Nothing... This time we were the only ones sitting and waiting after every one had gone for their turn in front of the judge. I think today whoever needed to see whatever saw that we were a united front. I truly believe this persuaded whoever had to make some decisions about our case saw what they needed to see. Even though nothing happened the way I would have liked it too, God had his hand in it and his will was done. This is what I mean by God working behind the scenes even when we cannot see. I can wonder and theorize all I want about what today's purpose was, but I know God was in control and his purpose was served today.

Today I am reminded of Jeremiah 29:11. Yes the old staple. It is the verse that we all turn too in times of uncertainty, but I think it described today pretty well.

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Another one I like

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Sometimes we just don't know what God is going to do. But we should always trust God for everything. I like to compare trust to this. You always know that when you walk your next step is going to be there. Or when you go to turn on a light that the light will turn on. This is the same trust I strive to have in God for my life, my marriage, and my family. I trust that when the Lord reveals his will to my wife and I, that he will provide all ways and means needed to accomplish that. Seems the Lord had something to teach me today. I was student and I learned quite well.

The other real quick point I want to make is that there is nothing like have the support of my wife today in that court room. I was a lot calmer and she reassured me many times that she loved me and that everything was going to be ok. There is nothing like having your best friend sitting next to you during times like today.

Ok so what to pray for. Pray for us this week. We have come to a decision about a change that we needed to make. Pray that the Lord will bless us for following his will. Pray for our kids. Pray for our marriage that God will continue to strengthen it and use it according to his will. Pray for us as we seek Gods will for our lives and the future.

Father thank you for sometimes keeping us in the dark in order to teach us to trust you more. Father thank for the times where we don't see how you protected us. Thank you Father for always watching over us.