Friday, February 24, 2012

Where would I be....?

You ever looked back and wondered where you would be if it weren't for certain people in your life? Has there ever been one person that you crossed life's path with that made some type of difference? I was raised in a Christian home. I leaned in the way that I should live. I had a great example of Christ in my parents, but also in my family that surrounded me.. grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, even friends etc... There is an old African proverb "It takes a village to raise a child". That is true and even though I am getting into my late 30's I am still a child learning from life.

On January 8th 2012 on this blog I referenced Jeremiah 6:16. But today I am writing about it again as I have learned so much since that time. I re-read this blog today and I am so thankful for that time that God spoke to me. Here is the verse:

Jeremiah 6:16
16 This is what the LORD says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
  

The person that day was a missionary who crossed my path. Even though I didn't speak to her and her husband, what was said I needed to hear because I was standing at the crossroads. I mentioned above that I am still a child in my late 30's trying to learn my way in life. Both in life and in my spiritual walk. I am learning something new every day. I am learning that prayer works and that I need to be patient in waiting on those answers. Patience has paid off and the answers continue to come. Just today another victory with our oldest son and a prayer answered. These victories wouldn't be possible without prayer. Not only prayer, but with all of you praying with us.

Matthew 18:20
20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

This is what has happened. You ALL have prayed for our marriage, you all have prayed anything that I have asked for. You ALL prayed for our kids and God is honoring and answering those prayers. You all have helped me, my wife, and my family through so much in the past couple of years. The support and prayers have been remarkable. The love you have all shown us has been amazing!! So on behalf of my wife and I, I want to say thank you. Thank you for all of your prayers, support, love, and checking up on us. We love you for it and pray that God will bless you.

It truly takes a village. A village where the body of Christ lives. A village that not only helps raise kids, but us adults to who are traveling a journey, meeting many crossroads that those who have gone before us came to as well. Whether it was a life journey previously traveled or spiritual previously traveled, it is your advice and experience that you all have that we have drawn offf of. You have given us many kind and encouraging words. It takes a village and we must surround ourselves with our brothers and sisters in Christ to ask which way is the ancient and good path. It is through his grace that he provides that village for us all to reside in.

What to pray for... Continue to pray for my oldest son. We learned today that he has anxiety issues. We knew this, but they are bigger than we thought. But we also received a lot of good news and learned that God is working in his life. Pray for our marriage that it continues to strengthen. Pray for our court date March 14th. We need God to work here.

Instead of my usual prayer today I am reminded of God's grace and so I leave you with this song.


By your grace; for your glory-------by: gold city

where would i be without your love?
What kind of life would i be guilty of?
If not for your redeeming hand that reached so low to raise me up and let me stand

by your grace; for your glory
i am here to tell the story
of all the doors you've opened for me
that i might give, i might love, i might live
by your grace; for your glory

not by my strength have i survived
my reckless steps and my selfish pride
not by my works of righteousness
i owe it all to you alone that i am blessed

by your grace; for your glory
i am here to tell the story
of all the doors you've opened for me
that i might give, i might love, i might live
by your grace; for your glory