Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Blessings to all...?

As a parent and husband I make mistakes. Hence the blog... RIGHT? What you are seeing of me in this blog is true and honest. This blog is a record of many things, what I did, how the Lord answered prayer, and mistakes I have made during this journey of my restoration and the restoration of my marriage. Do I expect reward? Nope... not at all. I am really not worthy of any blessing that comes my way from the Lord. But I am thankful for when they do come my way.

Psalm 24    

 1 The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it.
The world and all its people belong to him.
2 For he laid the earth’s foundation on the seas
and built it on the ocean depths.

3 Who may climb the mountain of the LORD?
Who may stand in his holy place?
4 Only those whose hands and hearts are pure,
who do not worship idols
and never tell lies.
5 They will receive the LORD’s blessing
and have a right relationship with God their savior.
6 Such people may seek you
and worship in your presence, O God of Jacob.
Interlude

7 Open up, ancient gates!
Open up, ancient doors,
and let the King of glory enter.
8 Who is the King of glory?
The LORD, strong and mighty;
the LORD, invincible in battle.
9 Open up, ancient gates!
Open up, ancient doors,
and let the King of glory enter.
10 Who is the King of glory?
The LORD of Heaven’s Armies—
he is the King of glory.
Interlude


If you look at verses 3 -6. The blessings of the Lord come to those who truly love the Lord with all of their heart, soul, body, and mind. For a long time I truly didn't deserve any blessings. I had no right to even complain when they didn't come my way. I wasn't serving the Lord at all. So how dare I even try to attempt to enter the holy place. Knowingly sinning and then going to church is like oil and water. They don't mix. So why even go? If you are going not living your life for the Lord, then why even act like it? I often question myself as to what I was thinking over the last two years. What a fool I was for thinking I could convince everyone I was who I wasn't.

It wasn't until I realized that everything was the Lord's in my life. The Lord created me for his glory, to serve him, and to be used to the fullest extent by him. That means in my ministry that I am involved in now. But it also means ministering to my wife and my kids. It also means being a true friend to my friends. I realized why God put me in the lowest of lowest places possible. It was so the Lord could get me in a place where I would listen to his purpose for me. I have lived many years in life in a very lost state. I have tried to please so many people around me all the while leaving the Lord last and sometimes out. I sit here and laugh at myself because I always wondered why the Lord wasn't blessing me. Well duh!! When you sin, when other things have priority that shouldn't the Lord can't and won't bless you.

Psalm 24:1-2 clearly state that WE belong to the Lord. That the Lord is in control of everything. There is so much joy that I have experienced since giving my life to Christ and living for him day in and day out. Sure there are times where I am not very motivated, those days still happen. But I also realize that Christ died for me so I need to live for him no matter what the circumstances are. That was a mistake that I made. I didn't like the circumstance and I lived my way. FAIL!!!

So where are you today? Where is Christ in your life? Do you realize God created you for a reason? Do you realize if you just surrender to Christ that he will give you a joy beyond any circumstance? I hope you do. My life is changed through Christ. My life and marriage have changed because I realized I am not my own, but I belong to the Lord fully and completely.

So what to pray for... Next week is approaching fast. Please pray for our court date that prayer will be answered. Pray for our marriage to strengthen. Pray that we fully realize the Lords will for our life. Pray for our kids.

Father thank you Lord for creating me to serve you. Thank you Father for helping me to realize my purpose in life. Thank you for everything you created me for. Thank you Father for your many blessings!!