Friday, March 23, 2012

Here I wait...

I often wonder what life would be like right now, if I would have just stayed on the path God wanted me to be on in the first place. Would I still be living where I am living? Would I still be working the job that I am working? I will never know the answers to those questions because of choices I made in the past couple of years. All I can do is look to the future and wait to see what God has in store.

Lately I have been praying about so much. The ideas in my head are endless as to what the Lord is going to do. But there are my ideas and most likely are not even close to what the Lord has planned. I remember a while back talking to my aunt. She was telling me about an individual who all but pleaded with God for something. God gave that person the thing they pleaded for, but it didn't work out. The point you may ask? Sometimes I think God gives us the desires of our heart to prove a point. If our desires are not God's then what ever that desire is will not produce the result God wants. I have to be so guarded against begging God for something. I just want God's will and when something does happen, it has to be because it is God's will for my life. So I have to hold my ideas at bay. I sometimes find myself asking "when Lord are you going to move?"

Yesterday the first answer of prayer came. I was looking at a possible path that I thought the Lord might want me to explore. As it turns out, God shut the door almost immediately. However it did provide some conversation involving a ministry that I am a part of. This ministry I feel has kind of hit a brick wall. Now we are waiting on the Lord to give direction almost literally about where to go. What is exciting is that for the first time in my life, my family is nearing a point to when God calls us to go, we can go with nothing holding us back. I have been praying all week that God would show me the things that are in the way. A couple of things God has shown and we have committed to clearing those out of the way.

I haven't updated you all on my marriage lately, so I will be doing that on Monday. But today I wanted to give you a prayer report of sorts and what I face as I wait on God. I ask that you continue to pray for us as we still have a couple of things that my wife and I need to face. One of them being the court date on May 9th and another thing that we are beginning the process of. The court date is probably the biggest one right now. We need a big answer to prayer. Please pray for our kids as my wife and I are starting to take a different approach to parenting. Pray for our marriage that God would continue to strengthen us.

No prayer today... I just want to thank you all for praying for us. We have felt the strength of your prayers this week. I want to thank all of you for your support and the encouragement that I have received in talking with a few of you in person or over the phone. It has meant a lot to me. I want to thank all of you for reading this blog. I will continue writing as long as the Lord allows. I have posted the address for this blog on facebook in our info section. I am ok if others start reading this as well. So if you feel that some one would like and benefit from this blog and would like to hear what God is doing, please feel free to tell them about it.