Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Mission statement...

2 Corinthians 5:11-21
11 Because we understand our fearful responsibility to the Lord, we work hard to persuade others. God knows we are sincere, and I hope you know this, too. 12 Are we commending ourselves to you again? No, we are giving you a reason to be proud of us,[b] so you can answer those who brag about having a spectacular ministry rather than having a sincere heart. 13 If it seems we are crazy, it is to bring glory to God. And if we are in our right minds, it is for your benefit. 14 Either way, Christ’s love controls us.[c] Since we believe that Christ died for all, we also believe that we have all died to our old life.[d] 15 He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.

16 So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! 17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

18 And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. 19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. 20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin,[e] so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

I have recently asked my therapist to share this blog with others who she thinks could benefit from it. Therefore I am also giving those who read this blog permission to share it with others. I believe it is time to start letting others see the journey that has happened at least since January. I believe that God will use this blog how he sees fit. If it is just for me to update everyone on happenings in this journey, then good. If it will touch at least one person and bring them to the Lord, then this blog really has accomplished something that I didn't set out for it to do. For that.. I will praise the Lord. I will praise the Lord no matter what.

To come this far and have a marriage that is more solid than it ever was, speaks of God's power. This marriage was one heartbeat from death. All the credit belongs to the Lord. For so long I didn't see the change that the Lord had made in my wife's life. God had changed her completely and did so right before my blind eyes. Yes I said blind... It took a traumatic event for me to wake up and see things differently. If you look at 2 Corinthians 5:16-17. My wife and I belong to Christ and he has changed us inside and out. God continues to do so every day. But the whole scripture passage above is our mission statement. We want to lead others to the Lord. For those married couples out there who are having difficulties, we want to be able to tell them our story. We want to tell them how God took something that was nearly dead and made it SO alive!!

I feel the Lord asking me to be more specific about details of our marriage. As time goes on I will share that with you as the Lord lays it on my heart to do so. For the most part you have heard from me on this blog and I don't want it to be just me. I will be asking my wife to share more and more on this blog as well. It is time that you all know the struggles, the battles, and wars fought and won on the turf called marriage. There were a lot of players that helped me through and I will be asking them to share as well. In the past three months or so, I have learned so much and found out things that I didn't know. So hold on tight as I ask you to continue to read and please share with others.

OK so what to pray for... Pray for the family that is go through a very difficult time right now. Pray for my son he has struggled this week. Pray for my wife as she looks for a new job. Pray for me as I continue to seek the Lords will. Pray for May 9th court date that we won't have to go.

Father thank you for your healing power and leading me along the way. Thank you Father for speaking to me in the subtle way you do.