Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Not always on top...

If you watch any kind of sport at all, you will realize that not every athlete is at the top of their game. But those who are humble enough to realize it, will depend on their teammates to help out. They will not deflect blame for a bad game, but will give credit to their teammates for helping out.

None of us are perfect at all. We all have weak areas in the game of life so to speak. If we are humble before the Lord, we will allow him to fill those weak areas. If we are smart, we will allow the Lord to make our strong areas stronger. In times of trouble we will depend on the Lord to rescue us. If we men are smart we will let the Lord work through our wives when we are not at the top of our game.

Psalms 31:23-24
23 Love the LORD, all you godly ones!
For the LORD protects those who are loyal to him,
but he harshly punishes the arrogant.
24 So be strong and courageous,
all you who put your hope in the LORD!


This is also true of marriage. I would like to thank my wife for filling in my weak areas. The times where I was weak she had strength for us both. The Lord was with her and gave her strength to carry us both. There is nothing in this world I could do to truly give my wife the thanks she deserves. There is nothing I can do to return the love that she showed to me. Trust me, I will live the rest of my life forever thankful for how she loved me unconditionally and never truly honestly gave up on me or our marriage. I was at the lowest point of my life, thankfully because she showed me tough love. When I emerged from that, she helped me pick up the pieces and replace the ones that were destroyed. That would not be possible without the Lord filling my wife. At different times we both cried out to God and he showed us mercy and provided grace. My wife was strong and courageous. The Lord gave her courage and grace beyond anything she could have done. My wife depended on the Lord to see her through, even when she was not at her best, she still placed all of her hope in the Lord. I have the best wife, the most loving wife, the most beautiful wife inside and out. God has shown this to me and I will never ever take her for granted again. I will spend the rest of my life showing her how much I love her, and how thankful I am that she gave me a second chance.

OK so what to pray for... My morning devotions were about truly seeking the heart of God. I ask that you pray that God would point out the things stopping me from doing that. This spiritual life is a roller coaster but joy always comes. I want the Lords will so bad and I just want to grow closer to him. Pray for our marriage that it will stand any test that comes our way. Pray for my wife's situation. She really needs to find a new one. Pray for the next court date.

Father thank you for filling my weak areas. Thank you Father for my wife and how you shine through her.