Monday, March 12, 2012

Pretty Obvious....

One night when my wife and I were going out, my oldest son was having a moment of not wanting mom and dad not to leave. I am sure your first thought is "awww that is cute..." He was worried that he was going to be bored. So one of the things I gave him to do was to make me a bookmark for my books when I read. I have found a like for reading and instead of folding the corners down, I wanted a book mark. So upon coming home I find this laying on our bed. It is longer than the average book and it clearly states what it is. BOOK MARK! I love it!! My son did exactly what I asked him to do!! I will always use this!! Means the world to me!!



Isaiah 55:6-13

6 Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake their ways
and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
12 You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the juniper,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD’s renown,
for an everlasting sign,
that will endure forever.”


As I was reading Isaiah 55, the scripture reminded me of that bookmark. I am sure you are wondering how I made this connection? I mean you have to be impressed with my deep thinking here right? OK not so deep.... BUT I don't think God the Father could have been anymore clearer here particularly in verse 8. Just like that bookmark has "Book Mark!" written on it, so does verse 8 say the same thing. God's thoughts are not our thoughts and his ways are not our ways. It is pretty clear here, what God wants of us. Step out of the big "I" mode and allow God's thoughts and ways to dwell in us. If we do this, it will not give an empty return as the rest of Isaiah 55 goes onto say. I found this out first hand. I got rid of my thoughts, other peoples thoughts, and satans thoughts.  I experienced joy and fulfillment because I allowed God's thoughts and ways to fill me. Things changed in my life. Things changed for the better. I am still married!! Praise the Lord!!

My devotions have been about completely surrendering to the Lord. Today's scripture could not have been more spot on. I am human and I have lots of thoughts, but compared to a life without Christ, the thoughts I have now are a lot easier to decipher between the Lord and all the other junk. The Lord is showing me what his will is slowly but surely. Why? All because my thoughts are the Lords thoughts and my ways are his ways.

OK so what to pray for? Court date on Wednesday is coming up. We need the Lord to answer prayer. This part we are really praying the Lord would remove from us. Pray for the Lord to make his will known more and more each day. We waiting for the word GO!!

Father thank you for blessing me with your thoughts and ways. Thank you Father making a difference in my life with your Holy Spirit guiding me daily.