Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sometimes it is...

Yes I didn't write yesterday. My apologies to those of you who check this blog. I had an absolute horrible day yesterday. By the time I got home, we had family time and then we pretty much went to bed. We were both so worn out that the only option was sleep. Just seems like satan is trying his best to throw us curves left and right. Even as I sit here and write this blog I had to handle a little situation that we haven't seen for days in this house. I guess tonight I had no clue as to what I was going to write about. The last few days it has been one thing after another and right now, I am just tired. I don't know how else to put it. This is one of those days where my past actions I think are starting to catch up to me and I have to lay it all down to deal with it. Scratch that, the last couple of days has been one of those days. On the way home yesterday I had extra prayer time with God. I really felt like God was ringing my doorbell and wanting to have a little conference with me. I prayed like I have never prayed before and just laid it all at the feet of Jesus. I don't think satan likes the fact that my wife and I have been seeking the Lord's will for our lives. I feel like we are so close to the place where God wants to start revealing things and satan has stepped us his game to try to distract us.

There are certain things that I am getting real tired of hearing. There is a situation where some people think they are all thou holy. Yes that is right I said it!!! The one thing that I have heard over and over the last couple of months is this... "I don't know what is going on in your house, but..." That phrase never ends on a positive note. Do you know what I say to that? If you don't know come and ask, or come and spend a night in our house with our family. Ask my wife and she would be more than happy to tell you what she thinks of me right now. Ask how God has change the dynamic in this house. Ask her how the Holy Spirit has filled our family with love. Come see how a marriage was saved, how a father, husband, and friends life was turned around because HE let God finally have control. At what point will some of these people stop being so skeptical of the work of God and get back in the game of serving God?

Romans 15

1-2 Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us. Strength is for service, not status. Each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, "How can I help?"
3-6That's exactly what Jesus did. He didn't make it easy for himself by avoiding people's troubles, but waded right in and helped out. "I took on the troubles of the troubled," is the way Scripture puts it. Even if it was written in Scripture long ago, you can be sure it's written for us. God wants the combination of his steady, constant calling and warm, personal counsel in Scripture to come to characterize us, keeping us alert for whatever he will do next. May our dependably steady and warmly personal God develop maturity in you so that you get along with each other as well as Jesus gets along with us all. Then we'll be a choir—not our voices only, but our very lives singing in harmony in a stunning anthem to the God and Father of our Master Jesus!

I especially like verses 1-2. At what point will us as Christians or followers of Christ put down our swords and stop stabbing the already wounded fellow Christians? Instead of being skeptical, why not ask hey what can I do to help? Instead of stabbing with your sharp words or assumptions, why not jump in and get your hands dirty like Jesus did? We often joke about the phrase "what would Jesus do?" but seriously why aren't we asking that question more often? Isn't it the job of brothers and sisters of Christ to step in and protect and help heal the wounded? I guess what I am saying is... I don't understand why some of those who claim to follow Christ hold themselves to a different standard than those who are sick, wounded, hungry, and in need of the love of Christ shown to them one way or the other?

Folks, I want to tell you this from my heart. There are those who claim to serve the Lord who will judge, criticize and then use the exposed wounds of others to make themselves look stronger.  Back to Romans 15:1-2 there are six words... "Strength is for service, not status". If you are so concerned about status, well hold on tight because satan has you right where he wants you. Your fall is about to happen. Been there done that. 

If you are struggling ask God for strength, guidance, and for his holy spirit to surround you. Next ask God to show you the people he intends to help you through whatever it is your are going through. God always puts the right people in place at the right time. Stay clear of the ones who just want to use your situation as a stepping stone for what they think is advancement into the kingdom of heaven. They are fake and nothing more than the pharisees standing on the corners praying out loud trying to impress. My wife and I have seen a few people like this. Trust me God exposes them for what they are. When the time comes they will avoid the truth at all cost and turn from you and run.

OK so maybe this is not one of the more positive posts, but some things that have come our way just haven't been easy. And if there is one person or couple out there who reads this blog that I can help with our story, I will. God is in the business of saving the lost and restoring lives. God is in the business of using my wife and I. That is first and foremost what we want. We strive to seek and do the Lords will.

OK so what to pray for. Pray for my wife and I. The decision that we came to about her job is starting to take shape and we need a few more prayers answered. We truly believe this is what God wants. Pray for our kids. Pray for March 14th next court date that the Lords will is done.

Father thank you for ringing my door bell yesterday and guiding me how to pray. Thank you Father for putting those friends in the right place at the right time. Thank you Father for always knowing what we need and when we need it. Thank you Father for your saving grace.