Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tough things to do...

I mentioned last week that sometimes this blog was going to change a bit. I know usually every day I mention some type of scripture and how it pertains to my journey. Yesterday was not one of those days and today is not one of those days. Sometimes I like not to be so devotional if you will.

I can understand those who knew the old me and see the new me may be a tad skeptical. I get that. I really do. I understand also that I was living a life not pleasing to the Lord. Well... not pleasing to anyone for that matter. I understand that the change the Lord made in my life was nothing short of a miracle. I also understand that there are those who don't believe in such radical changes from God and much like doubting Thomas in the Bible, they need to see proof. Fine... I get that as well. What I don't get is this... why they have the right to take matters into their own hands when it comes to my family, especially my kids. Please tell me if I am wrong about what you are going to read.

In this blog in the last month or so I have talked about those people who judge or think they are all thou holy. We ALL know of such people. For the last week or so I have been praying on how to handle a situation. A situation where an adult stepped way out of line and decided that they needed to correct our oldest son. Not only that, but they did not tell us about it. Apparently this was more than once. I prayed about whether to let it go OR act on it. A couple of months ago my re-action would not have been so... well.. for better words respectable. But late last week things really came to a head and this week it didn't get any better. Before if anyone would have upset my wife, I would have just blown it off and told her to deal with it. But now I am changed by the Holy Spirit and I as a husband I did what I thought was best. I prayed. I am tolerant to such people for the most part, but repeat offenders who don't see the weight in my wife's words, is hard for me to swallow.

I didn't just pray one day, I prayed a few days until the holy spirit cleared the fog that was upsetting me. I felt it best to send a message not verbally but through some sort of electronic form. Since I didn't have their email addresses, I used facebook. ( BTW they have since un-friended us. Not really bothered by that ) These people also go to our church. In my message I stated very clearly that I was concerned with their attitude towards my family. I was tired of their judgemental way. I expressed the way in which they handled my son was inappropriate and the excuse given was not by biblical guidelines. I let them know that the repeated comments made to my wife where not acceptable and I was no longer able to tolerate their behavior. I expressed amongst other things that our family matters had nothing to do with them and to please stop spreading false information about us. I advised them to read John 8:1-11 and to consider taking Jesus out of their box and believing in what he can really do. I asked them to next time use caution before talking and that if they couldn't say anything nice, to not say it at all. There ya have it... So bad? I think not. But... you all are entitled to your opinions. I have the letter and I will keep it for quite some time.

I know that I am going to be judged by others. I get that. I know one day I will stand before God the father and give an account for my life. I get that too. But I draw the line where some ones actions affect my wife and kids especially when those actions are repeated over and over. I absolutely will not tolerate that and I will address it every time with Biblical and Godly principal. My wife and my kids are a blessing from God and I will do every thing in my power to make sure that I stand up for them. I love my wife more than I ever have. I love being a dad more than I ever have. I will do anything for my family as long as I have breath. I will do anything according to God's will as long as he allows me time on this earth. Enough said...

So what to pray for.... Pray for our court date coming up next week. Pray for my anxiety when it comes to this. Pray for our family that we always stand together. Pray for my kids.

Father thank you for giving me the words to use in the midst of conflict. Thank you Father for loving me. Thank you Father for the power of scripture. Thank you Father for my family...