Thursday, April 26, 2012

I surrender...

  1. All to Jesus I surrender;
    All to Him I freely give;
    I will ever love and trust Him,
    In His presence daily live.

    • Refrain:
      I surrender all,
      I surrender all;
      All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
      I surrender all.
  2. All to Jesus I surrender;
    Humbly at His feet I bow,
    Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
    Take me, Jesus, take me now.
  3. All to Jesus I surrender;
    Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
    Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
    Truly know that Thou art mine.
  4. All to Jesus I surrender;
    Lord, I give myself to Thee;
    Fill me with Thy love and power;
    Let Thy blessing fall on me.

This song was on the radio this morning when I got in the car. Seems lately I have been talking a lot about searching for the Lord's will in my life. I think the Lord made it perfectly clear today. Sometimes we humans mistaken things, emotions, or feelings for God's will. I sometimes think God is not going to reveal his will for our lives until we are completely surrendered to him. I THOUGHT I had been, but even my devotions today and scripture has been to the point today. So after the song was over I started my prayer time as I do every day. But this time I wanted to get on the same page as the Lord. I made sure that EVERYTHING in my life was surrendered to him.

This has been a week of struggles and challenges for my wife and I. We have encountered things about this journey that just caught us off guard. This week I have mentioned that more than a few times. I think the Lord uses these times to draw us back to him. I have always believed that God helps those who help themselves. It says in the Bible that God even helps those who cannot help themselves. My wife and I have been so caught up in trying to figure this out, that we go to a point to where we could no longer help ourselves. End result? We had two choices. We could give up or we could look to the Lord and admit we tried to take this marriage from him and ask for help. Well we asked for help.

I don't want to force on my life what I think God's plan is. I want to wait on him. I admit I have been empty the last few days and been trying to do it all myself. Well... that didn't work. But the good news is that God starts where we end. Praise the Lord!!

OK so what to pray for.. Pray for our marriage. Pray for our oldest son. We have made a decision concerning his life and we know God had a hand in it. Pray for May 9th court date.

Father thank you for pulling us back in when we wonder out to far from shore. Thank you Father for your daily reminder of total surrender.