Thursday, May 24, 2012

Anxiety sometimes wins.. this one is for you honey..

I sometimes like to go back and read my older blogs. Today I went back and read this blog that I wrote just five days into this journey. I am amazed at where I was at that day and how the Lord just provided me almost instantly with assurance of his grace. Today my devotions were about despair. How ironic because today my wife is having one of those days. You wouldn't understand it, unless you have walked in her shoes. This has not been an easy journey for her. I wish there was something I could do to make everything just go a way. I wish I could make this "hell of a day" she is having and make it better. But so far I haven't succeeded. It goes deeper than me telling her that I love her or that I am never leaving again. It goes so deep that the enemy today is trying to get a strong hold on her anxieties again. It goes so deep, that sometimes she just feels like giving up. But I want to remind you and those of you who have had similar journey's that God is our cleft in the rock. Today the below verse was part of my devotions.

Deuteronomy 33:27

The eternal God is your refuge,  and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you,  saying, ‘Destroy them!’ 

As I was telling you all last week, one of the things that I pray is that God would distract and destroy the enemy. Today is one of those days where enemy needs to be destroyed. I also pray quite often that the Lord would capture those thoughts that torment me. Today is one of those days where my wife is at her end. Her only option? Is to ask God to take this from her cup. God is the only person that can assure my wife that everything will be ok. The blog I wrote on January 4th, 2012 this song played while I was listening to music right at the right time. Today I want to give this word of encouragement to my wife so that she can hear what the Lord said that day to me.

Honey this is for you.. I love you so much!!

Be still my soul

Surrounded by the cares of life,
Situations rise, they press against my soul.
Desperate thoughts have blocked me in,
Feels like I may lose control.

A voice from somewhere inside me,
Brings comfort, fills my heart with courage.
That lets me know
that everything will be all right.

I hear him say Be still my soul and know that he is God,
He is God Stand quietly, He is The Lord.

If God is for me who can be against me?
He is God Be still my soul, He is The Lord.

Teach me Lord, to stay with you,
When my emotions try to rule me,
Remind me Lord, of who I am,
And show me what you want me to be.

His great strength, and confidence,
Knowing that You are with me,
I’m not afraid of tomorrow,
What waits ahead.

I hear him say Be still my soul and know that he is God,
He is God Stand quietly, He is The Lord.
If God is for me who can be against me?
He is God Be still my soul, He is The Lord.

Be still my soul

He is The Lord.

He is The Lord.

A little advice to those who read this blog and are healing in their marriage. If you are the spouse who had an affair, today is one of those days, where patience is required. Today is one of those days where assurance is required. But most importantly today is one of those days where you listen to your spouse and their feelings, but also you pray for them.

OK so what to pray for.. Pray for my wife today and the rest of the week. She is going through some things, not just with out marriage, but anxieties about her job. Pray for my oldest son. He is really struggling this week. Pray for my job and the Lords will for our family. Pray for my mom. Today she had another chemo treatment.

Father take this cup from my wife. Capture those toughts which are tormenting her today. Father give her the assurance that you are in control. Father comfort her with the grace that only you can give and quiet her soul.