Monday, May 14, 2012

Redeeming grace...

Today I am going to piggy back off of our pastor's message on Sunday. While sitting in church and the pastor read this scripture and then talked about how the nation of Egypt was so far gone that it looked hopeless about them coming back to the Lord. In Isaiah 19:19-23 we see this.

19 In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord at its border. 20 It will be a sign and witness to the Lord Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the Lord because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them. 21 So the Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians, and in that day they will acknowledge the Lord. They will worship with sacrifices and grain offerings; they will make vows to the Lord and keep them. 22 The Lord will strike Egypt with a plague; he will strike them and heal them. They will turn to the Lord, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them.

23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. 24 In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing[b] on the earth. 25 The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.

It suddenly hit me that I could have very easily called myself Egypt. Seriously I was so far gone and was having a hard time finding my way back to God's grace. But God's grace got a hold of me and made me a promise and followed through on that promise. I gotta say I am so thankful that the Lord loved me through this time in my life.

If you are that person that thinks you are to far gone, you are completely wrong. If you are that person that thinks your marriage is to far gone, you are completely wrong. If you think that God doesn't want to love you, or change you because you have had an affair, you are wrong. Here is what you can be for sure of. IF you hear nothing else about what I am saying, then please read the following...

God loves you. God wants to take you in his arms show you forgiveness, grace, and love like you have never felt before. God wants to make you new and give you a life full of spiritual freedom. If you are struggling in your marriage or even having thoughts of seeking the things you are not getting from your spouse. Just stop and know that the Lord cares and he can change everything in an instant. Just like God did for me, he can do for you. There is hope in the Lord, there is grace that goes beyond anything. All you gotta do is just ask and trust when I say you will receive.

OK so what to pray for. Pray for my mom God is still answering prayers. Pray for our kids, my oldest had some issues last week and we know the Lord is on control of that. Pray for the Lord's will for our lives. I truly believe we are getting close.

Father thank you for your grace. Thank you Lord from bringing us back from the brink.