Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Answers come in strange ways...

Well I am just now laying my hands on a computer so I can get back to writing this blog. Last week was a very interesting week. Since I am no longer employed, I have had to scramble for a laptop. Funny right? You would think an IT guy like me would have something laying in the wings to use, but I didn't. I was the only one in the house who actually uses a computer on a some what regular basis.

On Thursday June 7th 2012, my employment was terminated. Most people don't like to hear these words while you are sitting in a conference room with your soon to be former boss and HR person. But this was something my wife and I had been praying for. We had asked all of you to pray as well. Well who would have thought that God would have answered our prayers in removing me from that job. I have never really shared much about my job, but... since turning a way from a life of sin and focusing on my marriage and family, my boss was not thrilled. But... I know this is God's will for our lives and we will press on.

I can sit here today and tell you that if ANYONE will allow God to change you and your situation, he will. All we need to be is willing to allow God to work. I am being called into the ministry and as God works out the details, I will be going back to school to pursue a counseling and possibly pastoral studies. My wife and I both know that God is calling us into the ministry. Now it is just waiting on God to do his thing. In the next few weeks, we either expect doors to open or for doors to close. We are trusting God all the way. We have nothing to worry about,  God will provide.

OK so what to pray for... Pray for our marriage to continue to move forward. Pray for our kids as they may have to adjust to some change. Pray for the Lord's will for our life and that he continues to reveal his will to us.