Monday, June 25, 2012

Ohio here we come...

Matthew 14:29-30
29 "Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" 

This is more of an announcement than it is anything else. At the end of July my family and I will be relocating to Ohio to start our new journey. This is something that we have prayed for, you have prayed for, and God has answered prayer. Little did we know a couple of weeks ago that things would move so fast. But sometimes when God calls you to do something, you go and you don't hesitate. In God's timing there is no hesitation allowed. There is simply no time for it hesitation. All the way through this we asked the Lord to shut the door, but he never did. So we continued to walk through the open doors.


Matthew 14:29-30 talks about Peter walking on the water. Peter took his eyes off of the Lord and became scared and started to sink. If you were to take a look at our marriage, we were all but submerged under the crashing waves. Both my wife and I hitting the lowest points at different times. But we cried out and the Lord saved us. Peter also trusted the Lord enough to step out on the water. Well Ohio is our water that we are trusting the Lord to step out on it. So that is what we did. In two short weeks, my wife got a job, we found a house, and all the other little pieces have started to fall into place. 

Folks, the journey continues and the Lord is in charge of this family. Where the Lord leads, we will follow. I have thought many times at ending this blog because I felt like I had nothing left to say. The entries haven't been as often and have gone from every day to every week. But... I don't feel released from this blog and I will continue to write as the Lord lays things about this marriage journey on my heart. I trust that there will be plenty of things to write about as we continue to build this marriage. 


OK so what to pray for... Pray for this move, lots of pieces that need to fall into place. Continue to pray for the Lord's will. Continue to pray for my oldest son, God is SO working in him. Pray for our marriage and the kids as they adjust to our new digs...