Monday, June 4, 2012

A week of questions... I got answers...

Yes I haven't blogged in a week. First time since I started this blog that I haven't blogged during the week. Last week I was in one of those busy fogs, to many thoughts, to much going on at home, and to much to get done. I have been praying and praying that God would allow me to hear his still small voice. Yesterday at church that happened. My wife and I have accepted the call into ministry and things will be changing soon with one or both jobs status. I truly said yes yesterday to God's will. I mean I had said yes before, but still had my own idea's to what God wanted. Well let me tell you, that never works out. If you have your own idea's about God's will in front of his idea's, than you are completely wrong.

I came home on Thursday after having a conversation with my boss. I told my wife about it and shared with her this email that I had composed to my boss. In the email I asked to be removed from my current job role and asked to be moved into a more family friendly job role. I really think this current role was something that I wanted so bad, and God gave it to me just to teach me a lesson. On top of the affair, this job was also stealing my focus from God, my wife, and my family.

The last blog I wrote about the evils that can tear a marriage a part. One of those that I did not mention was jobs. Yesterday my pastor talked about how he was a climber. I locked in immediately to what he was saying. I have always thought of myself as a climber in my career. I have always wanted to get to the top. I had career goals, I had salary goals, and I had other goals associated with my job. Pastor said yesterday that we can get so caught up with climbing the latter, that we sometimes climb right over God to get to where we want to go. BAM!!! That hit me like a brick and both my wife and I said "huh..." My wife squeezed my leg. This was something that I had just written in an email to my boss this week. What I had said to my boss in an email was ". I have always considered myself a climber in my career. However, maybe I misjudged this step in accepting/pursuing a position in leadership."  This is the exact sentence that hit me. I knew what God was saying. WRONG position in leadership. My job was just one part of being successful in tearing my marriage apart. I was so busy just dreaming of being the big wig and climbing up that latter, that I got forgot everything that was important to me.

The leadership role that God wants me in, is to be the leader of my family. God also wants me to be a leader in other ways, but those other ways are his ways, not mine. Like I said, Sunday was a huge day for us. God has called me into some type of full time ministry. It could anything in a ministry role. I have idea's and I feel God leading. This time around, I won't try to jump ahead of God, instead I will learn from him as he leads ME to serve him.

Hebrews 13:5-6

5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”[a]
6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”[b]

The above verse was from my devotions this morning. As I mentioned above, I sent an email to my boss yesterday. I believe this email was what God wanted me to say. This week some more questions will be answered. I know my God will never leave me and I will not be afraid of what is to come. I know God will provide.

OK so what to pray for... Continue to pray for our marriage. God is working and this week we moved a couple of mountains out of the way. Contiue to pray for my oldest son. God is working in him. Pray for the God's will in our life as we take steps of faith that he wants us to take.