Tuesday, July 17, 2012

True love stories never have endings...

This is a saying that my wife so beautifully put on the wall. Yesterday as I sat on the bed and looked at it, I thought to myself that something was missing. I went and found a piece of paper and wrote the follow... "any where, any time, any place..." and taped it next to the saying. In sickness and in health, for richer or poor... True love conquers all.

It says in 1 Corinthians 13:8-13
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 

Who is this blog for? Today it is for my wife. My wife loves me with every bit of the this passage. She loved me in the past, the future, and I truly believe she will love me like this for the rest our lives. She loves me not only romantically, but as her best friend, and most importantly with the love of the Lord. I didn't realize what love was until she taught me. I learned from my wife. I can write this blog all I want, but my wife if a perfect picture in my eyes of what loving a spouse is all about. This blog is me telling you all what I have learned. This blog is what I learned about myself, my marriage, and learning how to be a husband, and most importantly a true servant and child of God. It is evident to me that everything I do should not be for me, but should be for the Lord. That means always remaining faithful to the Lord, my marriage, and my family. In love, in arguments, in planning, in decision, in parenting, in working and in all you and your spouse do, it should be with the Lord first and foremost. It is couples who break this covenant with the Lord, that marriages will struggle, and ultimately meet their end.


Marriage was created by the Lord. Marriage is a gift and it needs to be treated as such. Taken care of and fixed when needed. I saw a saying the other day. A old couple was asked how they stayed married so long. Their reply was in the old days when something broke, you fixed it and didn't throw it away. Whether it is your marriage or yourself that needs fixing, their is only one person who can do this. That is the Lord Jesus Christ. Why waste what God has given, invest in your spouse. Put away your selfish desires. I can tell you that being selfless is your marriage is rewarding well worth letting God be the center. 


Follow the rules above about love that the Lord has laid out for us. Love conquers all....


What to pray for.. We are less than a week out from moving. Pray that we get everything packed in time for the movers to arrive. Pray for us as we adjust to a new town, new surroundings and a new church. Pray for the Lords will in our lives to continue to be done.