Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Jesus no one knew...

We don't know exactly where Jesus was born. The Bible says it was in manger in a stable. There was no room in the inn so the song "Away in the manger" says. There other things that I have read that says Jesus was born in a cave, a barn, and yet we worship him because Jesus came so simple into this world. I would be curious to wonder if there were people passing by watching as all the events of that night taking place. But I could only imagine what people thought about this child coming into the world, the looks, the things said as Jesus, Mary, and Joseph passed by.

We are approaching the Christmas season and this year I am reminded of how simple Christ came into this world. No one knew the extent of the meaning of this event in the world. Jesus was someone that no one knew. But yet when it came to the death of Jesus, everyone knew who Christ was as they put him on the cross. The King was born in a simple way, but he would become notorious for being a radical. A Christ who talked with sinners and loved them unconditional. A Christ who walked this earth and healed the sick physically, mentally, and spiritually. Christ was the doctor for anything and everything. Christ gave water to the thirsty. The cost? Jesus dying on the cross for our sins so that we could live a life full of grace and forgiveness. Living that kind of life is pretty simple right? Yes.. But we as humans fail at it. We humans fall short of grace and forgiveness daily.

The Jesus no one knew, was the Christ who forgave us, came into our life and change it through and through. I didn't know Jesus until I allowed him into all areas of my life. I had no clue what Christ could do for me, but I also had no idea what I could do for him, until I completely surrendered my complete life to his will.Christ came to seek the lost, heal the sick, and cause the blind to see. There are so many points just behind the word blind. Yes we as humans are blind to so many things... even to the Jesus that we didn't know until we allowed him into our life.

Who would have thought, that a baby born on a cool evening could do so much for us. I have always loved this song called "A strange way to save the world" made popular by 4Him.


Sure he must have been surprised
At where this road had taken him
'Cause never in a million lives
Would he had dreamed of Bethlehem
And standing at the manger
He saw with his own eyes
The message from the angel come to life
And Joseph said...

(CHORUS)
Why me, I'm just a simple man of trade
Why Him, with all the rulers in the world
Why here inside this stable filled with hay
Why her, she's just an ordinary girl
Now I'm not one to second guess what angels have to say
But this is such a strange way to save the world

To think of how it could have been
If Jesus had come as He deserved
There would have been no Bethlehem
No lowly shepherds at His birth
But Joseph knew the reason
Love had to reach so far
And as he held the Savior in his arms
He must have thought...

(CHORUS)

Now I'm not one to second guess what angels have to say
But this is such a strange way to save the world
...this is such a strange way to save the world...Saving the World

Christ was born, he walked, and he saved the world. What in the world are we thinking by not letting Christ come into our life in such a simple way. As a family please take the time this Christmas season and remember the baby who saved the world.