Thursday, December 27, 2012

Forgiving and healing grace...

This is not the anniversary of my blog or when I started to write it. However, it is when I realized that my life had to change. I was at the cement bottom and the only place I had to go was up. It was like dying a death, not a physical one, but a death of who I was and had been the previous two years. My life was passing before my eyes as I sat in a place surrounded by cement locked in tight with me and my thoughts. No visitors of the physical sort. I had visitors named anxiety, question, sin, guilt, stupidity, depression, regret and the list goes on. As I sat there with my emotional, spiritual, and personal wounds bleeding, it was a moment of hopelessness. When I looked up I had found a God who was waiting on me to finally recognized the sovereignty that he wanted in my life. God had made his point. I had been devoured by anger, an affair, and being a dead beat person all around. I was worthless in my eyes and satan had me where he wanted me. The final stab had taken place in a one last swift moment and action of stupidity. It was the last moment of countless ones that I had taken.

How could God take a person like me who had given up on him and turn it into something he could use? My only words that I could muster at that moment were, "I'm sorry God, I messed up. Please forgive me." At the moment my eyes were changed. The shackles released, the scales on my eyes were lifted and I was no longer blind. God's forgiving grace had changed my life in a moment. In front of me was the picture of what God wanted me to be. A man, husband, father, and friend after the heart of God's will for my life. The next two weeks following were filled with many moments and you can read them in the first few weeks that this blog was written.

In Romans 6:23 it says the wages of sin is death. but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord. Friends I can tell you today God's grace is unlimited. It doesn't matter what you have done or what has been done to you. God can heal the broken life and mend the broken heart. In Luke 18:27 it says things which are impossible with men are possible with God. In Psalm 30:2 it says O Lord my God, I cried out to You, and You have healed me. In Psalm 147:3 it says God heals the broken hearted and binds there wounds. So my point? Don't think God will forgive you or heal your wounds from hurt that you have suffered? That scripture says so above. It's God's promise to us.

Do you need forgiveness today? Just ask. All you have to do is confess your sin and God is able and just to forgive us. Do you need to heal from being hurt? Cry out to God and he will heal and bind your wounds. Is there someone that you need to extend forgiveness to? Than cry out to God and ask for him to heal your heart. God is still healing me to this day. There are lots who I have had to ask forgiveness from. I had to ask God to forgive me in order for my life to change and for the healing to start. Friends take heed in my words and in my journey. God's grace goes beyond anything that you have experienced in your life. God is bigger than it all.