Monday, October 28, 2013

Who has control?

Well I am into my second month of being a stay at home Dad. I would say it has not been easy. Football season just ended and so things have slowed down a bit. I have found it a challenge to multitask. I honestly don't think there is a man who really knows how to be Microsoft windows. So I give the credit where credit belongs and that is to all the mothers out there. It is tough job, and while I am learning the tricks of the trade, it hasn't been easy for me.

I find myself sometimes with a patience level of zero. Not with my kids, but waiting on the next step of what God has for me. God's will is always floating some where in my thoughts. I have learned not to read into things or over think things that I hear in church. Sometimes by doing that I may tend to get ahead of God and what he has in store. I am also awful at waiting. So while I do the day to day tasks of a stay at home parent, I am constantly waiting to hear from God and what he has for me and our family. I can say with certainty we will not be making another move in the near future. Day by day goes by and God walks with me. When I ask what he wants me to do, I hear a shhhhhh and God gently tells me to just wait. Gods timing is never our timing, but it is always perfect timing. Yeah I know seems cache, but it IS true. Going back through the last couple of years, I have learned that quite well. 


If you haven't figured it out yet, God likes to be the driver and we are to be the passenger. God is not an emergency type of God. You can't just throw him in your back pocket and keep him there as a last resort. If you think for one second that God is letting bad things happen to you, then you have it all wrong. There could be a lot of factors to those bad things. God never said following him would be easy. While God may be allowing things to happen, he is also testing  you to see just how much faith you have in him. Yes I know it is hard to let God have control, but being reconciled and consecrated to God is always the best path for us. I have heard over and over again that things in life should be character building. I can also say that change, storms, and tests are faith building as well. If you are not reconciled or if your refuse to reconcile to what God wants for your life, he may just let you have the desires of your heart to prove a point. In other words God is saying, "ok I'll let you do it your way, but I promise it won't end well" in other words "I told you so". If that happens I can all but guarantee you that you will hit bottom in every way imaginable. Been there done that my friends. I won't ever do it again.

I say all of that to say this. God gives us all kinds of examples in his word of those who tried at first to go their own way. Ultimately these followers of Christ who ignored at first, got it right by reconciling themselves to God. God promises us that if we trust him with everything, we will experience contentment. That is where I always want to be. I don't want to do it my own way. I want to always do it Gods way. These days TOO many people are getting destroyed and devoured by their own desires. God's desires to live in our hearts. God desires us to live in his will. God promises ever lasting life for being totally reconciled and consecrated to him. I want the best for my life and the best for my life is God leading me along.