Monday, July 20, 2015

You can't have one without the other... Part 1..

Saw a saying the other day. "A husband can love his wife best when he loves God first." Or I could turn it around and say "A wife can love her husband best when she loves God first." I could just say enough said.

The rate of failing marriages these days is breaking my heart. The divorce rate alone is at 50% and I am sure it is climbing. The rate of the wondering eye when a marriage is not fulfilling for the husband or wife is staggering. There is no communication and there is no effort to resolve the break or disconnect which equals in disastrous results. The rate of marriage where God is not the center is even more staggering. These are just a couple of examples of marriage break downs.

I started listing these break downs out based on my experience, and so I will be doing several blogs as I don't want this one to be long. I speak from experience as you all know. If you don't know my journey I encourage you to go back to the beginning of this blog and read my journey. You can click right HERE. God placed this on my heart this past Sunday.

Warning, this is the truth, nothing but the truth. If you cannot stand to hear the truth, then read on. If you can stand to hear the truth, read on. My point is, there are those out there who are simply not ready to take responsibility for the vows they made on their wedding day. Rather they choose to break them and take the easy out. The easy out isn't so easy.

The first one I would like to talk about is going without God.

My story started when I let the enemy put its nose where it didn't belong. One day on my way to work, I heard a sermon on the radio about giving everything to God. Well... I thought I had. I was angry and at this point nothing in my eyes was working out right. The prayers that I was praying were not being answered in MY timing. I simply wasn't seeing any improvement in my marriage. I wasn't seeing any improvement in the other area's of my life either. I failed to claim any responsibility in the conflict that was my marriage or my life. So I told God I was done with him and I would do things my way from here on out. Thus beginning my decent to the bottom.

So my saying would be this... "A husband or wife cannot live their marriage life if they don't have a grounded faith and love for Christ." Trials are going to come. Husbands and wives we are going to be tested. But if we are not grounded in Christ first, we will fail the test with miserable results. For a marriage to work, both husband and wife, must submit to God first and to each other second.

Here is the fix. If you find that you are struggling spiritually or struggling to understand what God is or isn't doing in your marriage. Seek God and pray, pray more and then pray some more. Dig in the word and dig some more. It is ALL right there. Listen for God to speak to you. Ask that God would speak to you in a way that only you can hear or understand. Seek Godly counsel from an experienced counselor. Seek guidance from your pastoral staff. IF you know of a couple who has been down this road seek them out too!! God wants to heal you marriage.

Part 2 next week. One of two of the break downs that all but destroyed me destroyed me.