Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My response to the “all thou holy Christ like Target bloggers”



My response to the “all thou holy Christ like bloggers”.... Subject: Target bathroom policy Sub Subject... The recent policy change... I have seen a couple of blogs written by wives of pastors among others trying to slap us all on the back of the head and trying to make us feel bad for having an opinion that doesn’t fall into line with theirs. I will say this… I agree with them with their points that we are to love every one as Christ would. I also agree that some of the stances being taken are giving the church a black eye. And that is far as I go with agreeing with them. What bothers me is these blogs are getting more shares than the fathers who are standing up for their family. So to address those who want to slap all of us others on the wrist I give you my response. A response from a father who loves his family more than anything on this earth.

Let me preface this in response to a particular blogger who so elegantly stated their qualifications to have the opinion about this particular topic. So here are my elegant qualifications to have an opinion on this topic as well. I TOO am a Bible believing follower of Christ. For a mere ten days of my life I lived in a parsonage. My family heritage is that of ministry and sound biblical values. I will not cast a stone because I am not perfect nor do I have the right to judge anyone. I love everyone without condition. I know there’s a heaven and a hell. I know that Jesus died on the cross for our (yes ALL OF US) sins and rose again three days later. I believe that one day that God will return for those of us who believe in him to live with him for eternity. So with that said…

First point that stuck out to me is. “Most companies are liberal” Probably and most likely true. Anything we own these days is bought from a company that could be considered liberal. My response? I could care less if Target or any other company is a liberal company. Why are they liberal? Because they want to make money and avoid getting sued at all cost. The name of the game for them is making profit. Let’s just say these “liberal companies” identity as “issue neutral”. At the top level they could care less how you or anyone else identifies. They just want your money and they will throw out their net as far and as wide as they can to make a profit.

“Target offers a family restroom”… Last time I checked our local Target did not. But I haven’t been in there for a while, because I hate to shop and there is not much in there that I like. Oh yes I am sure you all are thinking “then why does he care so much about Target changing the policy?” My response? Read on…. My kids are at the age where they need privacy to go use a restroom and do not need me or my wife to make sure they go “pee pee” alright. Yes we can go before we go to Target, but what if it isn’t the first stop or the only stop? So while the family bathroom may solve the safety issue for some, it does not for everyone including the trans-gendered. Surprised? Yes I am concerned about their safety as well and where they will spend eternity. Let’s go one step further on that topic. Ever thought about what got us here in the first place? A big factor is the breakdown of the family and the sky rocketing divorce rate or the rate of families breaking a part. Truly it is alarming. No father figure? No mother figure? It plays a role in all of this, not to mention sin. Food for thought… I am proud to say that my wife and I are part of an organization that is doing its best to reverse these trends.

I love this one… “My kids have never been hurt by trans-gendered people” but then the author goes onto say their kids have been by people in the church. First I do not believe trans-gendered people are bad hard people out there wanting to hurt people. They are not the target of this entry or will they be ever. But back to the point… I give this one a BIG LOL!! Seriously!! The spirit of that particular blog is criticizing the church for being so critical of this issue. Last I checked the church is full of every day real people who are not perfect and have struggles just like everyone else. This blogger should pick up a book and read about Paul in the Bible. Heck Paul had his struggles too. My question to the author is if anyone in the church has physically hurt their children. I believe this is what people in general are fearful of the most when it comes to this policy change.

Let’s get down to it. This "bathroom policy" opens up a can of worms making it much easier for pedophiles to take advantage of their sick desires. For me and I bet for many others it’s not about the trans-gendered that is a threat to my families safety. It is not about tolerance, or loving every one like Christ does as it says in John 13. It is a safety issue because there are already document cases where these pedophiles have taken advantage of this policy and hurt others in public bathrooms. Common sense tells me that if my kid is going to use a public bathroom they are not going alone. They never have, and as long as they need me to protect them, they never will.

Last but certainly not least, the point about being known by the love of Christ. YES we are called to love as Christ would love and yes we are known by that love. But it doesn't mean we sacrifice our values and support un-holy things. We talk about tolerance. We talk about loving without condition. But yet when the church takes a stand and supports biblical values, the other side takes the tolerance stick and beats us to pulp. Please tell me why it is ok to walk away with our tails between our legs to not offend someone with the word of God? What is so offensive about the word of God? EVEN If you don't believe in God, the morals and values taught are good every day principles to live by. Check the news. Our rights like freedom of religion the very basis this country was founded on are being taken away as we speak in the name of tolerance. We can show tolerance by loving as Christ did and does without sacrificing how we are called live in God’s word.

So from a man who is married and has kids this is where I stand. As father and husband it is about keeping my wife and kid’s safe no matter what the situation is (storms, tornado’s hurricanes’ monsters, creepy looking people criminals, zombies, bugs, spiders, etc...) As a father and husband that is my job. God’s word calls me to do this. If I am not then I am not obeying my father in heaven. I will never put them in a situation where their safety is at risk. As long as I have breath my wife kids will always live in the Godly safety I provide them.

So here is what I know. I am a straight conservative father who loves his family with a very deep unconditional love. I am a man of God who longs daily to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Like Jesus I would be one of those people standing outside the bathroom waiting for not only the trans-gendered people, but those who are broken and hurting and in desperate need of the love of Jesus. But the very word of God that I will defend to the death, I will also use the word of God to love them into the Kingdom of heaven. Steven Curtis Chapman sand a song called More to this life… I leave you with the words.

"More To This Life"
Today I watched in silence as people passed me by,
And I strained to see if there was something hidden in their eyes;
But they all looked back at me as if to say
Life just goes on.

The old familiar story told in different ways,
Make the most of your own journey from the cradle to the grave;
Dream your dreams tomorrow because today
Life must go on.

[Chorus]
But there's more to this life than living and dying,
More than just trying to make it through the day;
More to this life, more than these eyes alone can see,
And there's more than this life alone can be.

Tonight he lies in silence staring into space,
And looks for ways to make tomorrow better than today,
But in the morning light it looks the same;
Life just goes on.

He takes care of his family, he takes care of his work,
And every Sunday morning he takes his place at the church;
And somehow he still feels a need to search,
But life just goes on.

[Chorus]

So where do we start to find every part
Of what makes this life complete;
If we turn our eyes to Jesus we'll find
Life's true beginning is there at the cross where He died.

He died to bring us...